Pick up / Check in :
Kottayam Railway station or Bus stand/ Alleppey Railway Station or Bus stand/ Cherthala Railway Station/ Kochi Airport
Drop at / Check out :
Kottayam Railway station or Bus stand/ Alleppey Railway Station or Bus stand/ Cherthala Railway Sta
This 1 night 2 days Kumarakom package is designed for those who want a relaxing short trip during the weekend or short holidays. The main advantage of this package is that it covers Kumarakom village, Vembanad lake and nearby places in a short and relaxing trip. So, Explore the best sightseeing places in our Kumarakom 1 night 2 days package.
Kumarakom is a small village located on the Vembanadu lakeside. Those who think of staying in a village during their Kerala trip, Kumarakom is an idle place. The main sources of income of locals are from tourism. Apart from this, fishing, farming and toddy tapping, etc are also making a part of their income. On the sightseeing part, there is nothing much to do except enjoying the scenic beauty of Vembanad lake, the short sunset cruise or a narrow canal trip is recommended.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival & departure by Train or Bus-
Kottayam Railway station or Bus stand is the best suitable place to reach (its just 16 kms/20 mins). Cherthala (Sherthalai) and Alleppey railway station/ Bus stand are also equally convenient but it takes an hr to reach Kumarakom.
2) Arrival & Departure by Flight-
Kochi is the nearest airport which is 95 kms away from Kumarakom and it takes 2.5 hrs by road.
Arrival and Departure time:
- Normal pick up time is 10:00-11:00 hrs. But if you are coming by early morning or any time before 0900hrs, since the check-in of the hotel is at 12 pm, you need to have a fresh up room. A non-ac fresh up can be arranged request with extra cost.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
- Check out time of the hotel is at 12 pm. You can book a bus or train after 2 pm.
4 Highlights of Kumarakom 1 Night 2 Days Tour Package:
- Local pick up and drop.
- Well experienced behaved driver cum guide for the trip.
- 3 hrs Kumarakom backwater trip with the sunset cruise.
- 30% discount on ayurvedic body massage.
Day 1: Kottayam Railway station – Kumarakom
Arrival at Kottayam railway station or Bus stand. Our representative will meet, receive and transfer to Kumarakom which is 16kms by road and it takes 20mins. Arrival and transfer to the hotel. Leisure at the resort. Afternoon half-day Kumarakom sightseeing.
Kumarakom Sightseeing options and activities:
1) Driftwood Museum –
Being run by a private family, these driftwoods displayed in the museum brought from the Andaman Islands. The visiting time is from 10 am to 4 pm.
2) 3 hrs Backwater Shikara Trip Cum Sunset Cruise –
Kumarakom is a small fishing village with lots of small canals. We arrange a shikara or a country boat trip to see Kumarakom backwaters, narrow canals, villages, paddy fields, etc. This shikara will also take you to Vembanad lake to visit Pathiramanal island. Experience sunset and the shikara trip ends.
3) Ayurvedic Massage and Treatment –
There are many ayurvedic treatment centers in Kumarakom and you can also look at the same facility at the resort itself.
Note: Overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 2: Kumarakom
Kumarakom Bird sanctuary:
This is located on the lakeside and the entry is from the main road. It takes approximately an hour to see this forest and after walking 1000 meters, you can see an erected watchtower from where you can see the birds. The season for migratory birds is from Feb onwards for 4 months. Walking inside the sanctuary is a good experience. The best time to visit is from 07:00 hrs to 09:00 hrs.
B/F and leisure at the hotel.
Today is your last day of the trip. Check out from the hotel. If your train leaves the afternoon or evening, you can check out from the hotel and keep the luggage in the lobby and spend your time in the resort. Otherwise, Kottayam is a small city and idle for shopping. Our car will drop at Kottayam for a short shopping and can finally drop you at the railway station or bus stand.
Best Shopping Available in Kumarakom are:
- Banana Chips – if you want to buy freshly packed chips, you can buy this from the Kottayam city shop. There are fresh banana chips shops available in Kottayam in front of the railway station.
- Souvenirs are available in a particular Govt shop located at Shastri road.
- Ladies’ traditional sarees are available from any clothing shops in Kottayam.
More Travel Tips:
- If you want to come to Kochi airport and look at booking this package, the taxi charges from Airport Kumarakom and back will be extra.
- In case your train is not coming either of the railway stations ie Cherthala or Kottayam you can come to Ernakulam railway station. Pick up by taxi from Ernakulam to Alleppey and back from Kumarakom will be extra.
- If you want to select this package and want to customize it as per your choices, it can be easily be done.
- This package is exclusively private for the booking guest.
- If you want to add one more night to this package with a beach destination, Mararikulam or Cherai Beach is recommended.
- If you are a more budget traveler, you can hire a three-wheeler auto from Kottayam to Kumarakom or there are many buses going to Vykom or Cherthala. All these buses are going via Kumarakom.
- Check-in and check-out time mentioned above are common and some of the hotel’s check-in is at 2 pm and check out is 11 am.
Tips to Reduce the Package Cost:
In case if you are not choosing this package due to unbearable cost and want to reduce the cost, please see below tips:
- Try to travel as two couples ie 4 adults / 2 rooms sharing in the same sedan ac car. This will considerably reduce the price.
- We have included a private ac car for your transfer from Kottayam to Kumarakom with local sightseeing. n. You can opt to travel by three-wheeler auto to reduce the taxi charges.
- Hotel prices of Kumarakom are a little higher therefore, you can choose the Kottayam hotel stay and come to Kumarakom for sightseeing to reduce the cost.
- Govt ferry service available in Kumarakom for local travel. Instead of Shikara, you can choose this option to see Kumarakom backwaters.
- To reduce the cost, you can still join a group. But unfortunately, there are no conducted tours or group tours operates by tour operators in Kerala.
Cost for Given Package:
|Deluxe Option II
|Kumarakom 1 night
|Lake Palace resort Or Similar Home stay
|Royal Rivera resorts Or Green Field
|Lake song resort Or Abad whispering palms Or Backwater Ripples
|Cost for a couple Valid from 01 Oct to 15 Dec and 15 Jan till 31 Mar
|Child charges Upto 5yrs – free Above 6yrs – child without bed
|Child or Extra person with Bed
- The above costs are valid from 01 Oct to 15 Dec and 15 Jan to 31 Mar.
- Cost not valid from 16 Dec to 14 Jan – contact us for revised price-CONTACT US
- Validity from 01 Apr till 31 Sep. This is an offseason and good discount available-CONTACT US
Tour Cost Includes:
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast.
- Private shikkara trip for 3 hrs.
- Pick up and drop by sedan ac car for all packages.
- Sightseeing by sedan ac car as per the program given.
- Taxi is not at disposal.
- Additional charges will be applicable in the case last day shopping exceeds an hour waiting by taxi.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc)
- Hotel Check-in at 12 pm and check out at 10 am.
- All the applicable taxes.
Tour Cost Does Not Includes:
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips, and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Children upto the age of 5 yrs is complimentary while staying with parents without any childbed or extra bed.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by credit card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guests will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.