Pick up / Check in :
Kottayam Railway Station or Bus Stand/ Cherthala Railway Station/ Ernakulam Railway Station
Drop at / Check out :
Alleppey Railway Station or Bus stand/ Ernakulam Railway Station
This two days weekend trip is designed for those who want to see Kumarakom backwaters and Mararikulam beach in a short period of 3 days. The main advantage of 2 nights 3 days Kumarakom Marari beach tour package is that it does not have much travel by road and covers Kumarakom village, Vembanad lake and the best beach in Kerala – Mararikulam.
Kumarakom is a small village located on the Vembanadu lakeside. Those who think of staying in a village during their Kerala trip, Kumarakom is an idle place. The main sources of income of locals are from tourism. Apart from this, fishing, farming, and toddy tapping, etc are also making a part of their income. On the sightseeing part, there is nothing much to do except enjoying the scenic beauty of Vembanad lake, the short sunset cruise, or a narrow canal trip.
About Mararikulam Beach:
Generally called as Marari beach located very close to Alleppey and Kumarakom. Marari is termed as one of the best beaches, because, its very neat and clean, almost golden-colored sand much better than Kovalam or Varkala each.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival By Train or Bus-
Since the trip is starting from Kumarakom, Kottayam railway station or the Bus stand is the most suitable place to reach. The other railway station which is closer to Kumarakom is Chertala. You can also come to Ernakulam railway station which is approximately 2 hrs from Kumarakom.
As per this program, your trip is ending at Mararikulam beach. Alleppey railway station or bus stand is the most suitable place to depart. Ernakulam Railway station (ERN or ERS) are also suitable.
Arrival and Departure time:
- The hotel check-in is at 12 pm. You can reach any time before.
- If you are coming by early morning or any time before 10 am, since the check-in of the hotel is at 12 pm, either you need to wait at a hotel or to have a fresh up room. The same can be arranged at extra cost.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
4 Highlights of 2 Nights 3 Days Kumarakom Marari Beach Package:
- Local pick up and drop.
- Well experienced behaved driver cum guide for the trip.
- 3 hrs Kumarakom backwater trip with the sunset cruise.
- 30% discount on ayurvedic body massage at Kumarakom
Day 1 : Kottayam Railway station to Kumarakom Sightseeing
Arrival at Kottayam railway station or Bus stand. Our representative will meet, receive and transfer to Kumarakom which is 16kms by road and it takes 20 mins. Arrival and transfer to the hotel. Leisure at the resort. Afternoon half-day Kumarakom sightseeing.
Kumarakom 1 Day Sightseeing Places:
1) Driftwood Museum –
Being run by a private family, these driftwoods displayed in the museum brought from the Andaman Islands. The visiting time is from 10 am to 4 pm.
2) 3 hrs Backwater shikara trip cum sunset cruise –
Kumarakom is a small fishing village with lots of small canals. We arrange a shikara or a country boat trip to see Kumarakom backwaters, narrow canals, villages, paddy fields, etc. This shikara will also take you to Vembanad lake to visit Pathiramanal island. Experience sunset and the shikara trip ends.
Note: Overnight stay in a hotel
Day 2: Kumarakom to Marari beach
If interested, an early morning visit to the bird sanctuary will be arranged.
1) Kumarakom Bird sanctuary:
This is located on the lakeside and the entry is from the main road. It takes approximately an hr to see this forest and after walking 1000 meters, you can see an erected watchtower from where you can see the birds. The season for migratory birds is from Feb onwards for 4 months. Walking inside the sanctuary is a good experience. The best time to visit is from 06:00 hrs to 09:00 hrs.
Check out from the hotel by 11 pm and proceed to Marari beach. It takes 45 mins to drive by road to Marari.
Relax and overnight stay in Marari Beach.
Day 3: Marari beach to Alleppey railway station
Check out from the hotel by 12 pm, proceed to Alleppey railway station or Bus stand. Drop and tour ends.
Important Travel Tips for this Tour Package:
- As per this program transfers by ac car on arrival at Kottayam and drop to Alleppey is included. In case you want to book this package but reaching Kochi airport, the total additional taxi charges Rs 1700 will be extra.
- In case your train is not coming to Kottayam or Chertala or Alleppey, you can come to Ernakulam railway station. In that case, taxi charges from Ernakulam to Kumarakom will be charged.
- If you want to select this package and want to customize it as per your choices, it can be easily be done.
- This package is exclusively private for the booking guest.
- Check-in and checkout time mentioned above is common and some of the hotel’s check-in is at 2 pm and check out is 11 am.
- Marari beach is idle for swimming if you are a good swimmer.
- Except for relaxing on the beach or swimming, there are no activities available. Summarily, there are no activities available in Marari beach except just relaxing.
- Beach day bed, chair, umbrella, etc are available for a fee of Rs 300- Rs 500 depending upon the season. You need to request your hotel to arrange the same.
- Instead of Marari beach, you can choose Alleppey or Cherai beach. Cherai is a little bit far off from Kumarakom.
- Instead of staying in a resort, you can choose a houseboat for an overnight stay in Kumarakom or Alleppey.
- It is always recommended to stay in a resort or homestay which is located on the Vembanad lakeside or riverside.
- You can also choose to stay in Kumarakom and visit Marari beach as it’s just 45 mins one-way drive.
- In case your last day departure is in the evening, you can check out, keep the luggage in the lobby and spent time at the beach. Proceed to Alleppey by evening.
- Instead of the shikara trip, you can choose a day trip to Houseboat with lunch. This cost you extra
Things You Can Shop in this Trip:
Kerala is basically a consumer state; therefore, we recommend not to buy clothes, electronic items, etc. Below are the recommended simple items you can buy.
- All types of species, Coffee & Tea – the best place to buy these are at Kumarakom or Alleppey market.
- Banana Chips – You can get fresh banana chips from Kumarakom or Alleppey beach.
- Kerala Traditional Saree – this is available in all textile shops. But try to avoid Kashmiri shops.
- Best gift items are artifacts of Kathakali, houseboats, etc. These are available to buy from Alleppey and Kumarakom.
Cost for Given Package:
|Deluxe Option II
|Marari beach 1 night
|Marari Beach Villas
|Marari village resort
|Marari village resort
|Cost for 2 adults / 1 room
|Cost for 4 adults/ 2 rooms
|Child Charges Upto 10yrs without bed
|Extra Adult Charges
- The above costs are valid from 01 Oct to 15 Dec and 15 Jan to 31 Mar.
- Cost not valid from 16 Dec to 14 Jan – contact us for revised price-CONTACT US
- Validity from 01 Apr till 31 Sep. This is an offseason and good discount available-CONTACT US
Tour Cost Includes:
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast
- Private shikara trip for 3 hrs.
- Hotel Check-in at 12pm and check out at 10 am
- All the applicable taxes.
- AC sedan car for the trip including all the expenses.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc)
Tour Cost Does Not Includes:
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips, and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Children upto the age of 5 yrs are complimentary while staying with parents without any childbed or extra bed.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by cr card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.