This 21 hrs. Kerala houseboat package in Alleppey is designed for those who want to experience Alleppey backwaters in a houseboat. It is necessary to have proper Guidance and information about the Kerala Tour Packages before visiting this places.
Experience Alleppey backwaters, one of the must see destinations during a life time, in a houseboat is an experience beyond imagination. The main attraction of Alleppey is criss crossed canals, lagoons, villages on the banks of these canals, paddy fields etc – all these makes Alleppey a much sought after destination among tourists. To see these Alleppey backwaters you need to hire any means of water transport. This program is designed to experience Alleppey backwaters with overnight stay in a private houseboat.
During the trip in houseboat for 21 hrs. you will be provided fresh lemon as welcome drink, authentic Kerala veg and non-veg along with local rice and many vegetable dishes. Welcome drink, lunch, evening refreshments, dinner and next day breakfast are all included during your stay in houseboat and all these are prepared in the houseboat itself by exclusive chef. According to category of the houseboat you booked from Kerala Houseboat package or Alleppey Houseboat Package, the menu may differ.
- Boarding and Deboarding place – Alleppey Punnamada jetty / Pallathuruthy Jetty
- Boarding time – 12:00 hrs.
- Deboarding time – 09:00 hrs. next day.
How to Reach???
Arrival and Departure by Flight
- Kochi (Cochin) International airport is the arrival and departure destination for those who are coming by Flight
Arrival and Departure by Train/Bus
- Best suitable Railway station / bus stand is Alleppey. Changanassery Railway station is 24 km away from Alleppey.
- You can also come to Ernakulam Railway station (ERS or ERN) but in that case coming to Alleppey take minimum 1.5 hrs drive.
Arrival and Departure time.
- Houseboats check in is at 12 pm. On special cases, check in can be arranged an hr before, but this is not guaranteed.
- Houseboats check out is at 09:00 hrs. Extension after 9 am is not available.
2 Highlights of this Package
- Well experienced, English/Hindi knowing, well behaved staff in the boat.
- Private houseboat and not sharing.
Day 1 : Alleppey
The below Houseboat backwater program has been designed for those who like to visit best canals in and around Alleppey.
Check in Houseboat at 12:00 hrs. and houseboat make a trip through the best possible canals in Alleppey from 12:00 hrs. the houseboat make a trip through below canals in Alleppey.
- Punnamada kayal – river famous for Nehru trophy boat race.
- SNDP canal – one of the small canal in this trip.
- Pamba river – almost 150ft width river.
- Irumbanam Thod – best narrow canal.
- Munnattumugam – Where three canals joints together making very attractive and beautiful place.
13:30 hrs. Lunch at Meenappalli Kayal – small lake in the middle of Alleppey backwaters.
14:30 hrs. – Post lunch trip start at 14:30 hrs. and continue till 17:30 hrs. Houseboat makes a trip through some of the beautiful villages in Alleppey called Kainakari Village Venattukadu etc.
At 17:30 hrs. Houseboat finally halts at a halting point for overnight stay. Once the houseboat halted, guest can walk around till the sun set.
Evening Options and Activities
- Fishing in the lake and backwaters. (Most of the houseboats are always having fishing roads and you will surely get small fishes).
- Houseboat is having a TV and music system to enjoy some pictures. You can also bring your own to make your stay more comfortable.
Day 2 : Alleppey
If the sky is clear, have a bed tea and you can enjoy a perfect sun rise from your houseboat. Since the houseboat is starting at 08:00 hrs. We recommend a light walk around the place if you are interested.
Today morning trip start at 08:00 hrs. Till your check out at 09:00 hrs. During this one hour trip, it covers part of the biggest Vembanadu Lake. Before your houseboat trip ends at 9 am they will provide authentic Kerala B/F. Check out from houseboat and Tour ends.